Friday, April 22, 2011

A Year In Review

With the end of April comes the end of the school year. Over the year I have explored every part of the border, traveled into Mexico and hiked throughout Arizona. Now with summer coming on strong you can follow my new blog Lifeguard4Life Its focus is on lifeguarding through the summer and anything to do with the beach. There is also a live surf report.

My favorite part of the year was hiking in the border area. The desert is harsh and unforgiving. If you turn your back on it even for a moment, it will take from you. Deadly animals, painful plants, dangerous drug traffickers and a killer sun, the desert has them all. Hundreds of people have been killed crossing the border. Being in the same environment and experiencing the same hike is exciting and humbling.

Tucson has a lot to offer to the outdoors. Its weather, and geography is unmatched for desert lovers like myself. The city has so much to offer, the outdoor enthusiast can get lost for years in Tucson's wilderness; never crossing the same path twice.

This will be my last blog post for the school year. I hope that you enjoyed what I had to offer and hopefully I gave you some ideas of places to go yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment